If You Love Me

If you love me, buy me a xylophone, that I may limber through percussion to find melody. I do not mind tin tones, do you? The colors of the strips mean less than their length I memorize to help expect what will arrive post-touch. I have dreamed of a performance, a quiet one the opposite of Carnegie Hall, pitched to match accordion perhaps without the glutted sway and schmaltz. I hear simplicity in one tone at a time beneath the thought that works my hands. If you love me, buy a ticket to my program only you will be invited to attend, and plan a sitting ovation following the opus named for you. Remember to save the program, an original I've dedicated to your oversight and sense of hearing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pale Male

The Truth Has Scars and Needs a Coat of Paint